Promotion Point Worksheet Calculator Army: How to Advance in Your Army Career
As an Army soldier, advancing in your career is important. One way to do that is to earn promotion points. The Promotion Point Worksheet (PPW) calculates promotion points for Army enlisted soldiers. This article will provide an overview of the PPW calculator, how to access it, and how to use it to advance your Army career.
What is the Promotion Point Worksheet Calculator?
The PPW calculator is an integrated feature of the Army’s Integrated Personnel and Pay System-Army (IPPS-A). This calculator helps soldiers keep track of their promotion points and eligibility for promotion. The PPW calculator provides a comprehensive view of a soldier’s career, including military education, awards, and achievements.
How to Access the PPW Calculator
To access the PPW calculator, log in to your Army HRC account using your Common Access Card (CAC). Once you are logged in to your HRC account, you can access the PPW calculator, which is located on the left-hand side of the screen under Self Service.
Using the PPW Calculator
To use the PPW calculator, you need to know your Military Occupational Specialty (MOS), which determines the point values for your education, awards, and achievements. Once you have entered your MOS, you can view all the items listed on the PPW calculator and their point values.
The following are the sections of the PPW calculator:
- Military Education: This section includes your military education, such as Basic Combat Training (BCT), Advanced Individual Training (AIT), and Officer Candidate School (OCS). Each type of military education has a point value associated with it.
- Civilian Education: This section includes your civilian education, such as high school, college, and graduate school. Depending on the level of education, you can earn up to 110 points.
- Military Awards: This section includes your military awards and decorations, such as the Army Commendation Medal, Army Achievement Medal, and the Good Conduct Medal. Each award has a point value associated with it.
- Military Training: This section includes military training, such as the Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT), weapons qualification, and additional training courses. Each training course has a point value associated with it.
- Military Experience: This section includes your military experience, such as overseas service, combat service, and time in service. Each item has a point value associated with it.
Using the PPW calculator, you can add points to determine your eligibility for promotion. The PPW calculator also provides a recommended list of courses and training that can help you earn more promotion points.
Tips for Earning Promotion Points
Here are some tips for earning promotion points:
1. Take Advantage of Military Education and Training Opportunities
The Army offers a variety of education and training opportunities that can help you earn promotion points. These include Basic Combat Training (BCT), Advanced Individual Training (AIT), and Officer Candidate School (OCS).
2. Pursue Civilian Education
Pursuing civilian education, such as a college degree or a technical certification, can earn you up to 110 promotion points.
3. Earn Military Awards and Decorations
Military awards and decorations, such as the Army Commendation Medal or the Good Conduct Medal, can earn you promotion points.
4. Maintain Physical Fitness
Maintaining physical fitness is important for both your health and your Army career. The APFT is one way to earn promotion points, but staying in shape is important for overall readiness.
5. Seek Additional Training
The Army offers a variety of additional training opportunities that can help you earn promotion points. These include courses on leadership, communication, and technical skills.
In conclusion, the Promotion Point Worksheet Calculator Army is an essential tool for Army soldiers who want to advance in their careers. By using the PPW calculator, soldiers can keep track of their promotion points and eligibility for promotion. To earn more promotion points, soldiers can take advantage of military education and training opportunities, pursue civilian education, earn military awards and decorations, maintain physical fitness, and seek additional training. By following these tips, soldiers can achieve success in their Army careers.